Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Watching Baby Evalina

Last week I had the chance to babysit my friend, Stephanie's new baby girl. (Stephanie is a 3rd grade teacher at my school and needed a sitter for a few days the last week of school.) Sweet Evalina is such a good baby, and so big compared to my boys at her age. (She was a 10 pound baby!) At 10 weeks old, she was just as precious as could be. 

Caleb was a HUGE help and so sweet. He was interested in everything about her. While I was worried about Luke's reaction, he couldn't have been better. He loved to just sit and stare at her, he helped give her a bottle, and was so gentle. 

Checking her out



Funny story...When she first got here, Luke was still sleeping so he was super shocked to see a baby when he woke up. I told him, "No touch baby," hoping we could set some ground rules. He looked at her puzzled, and then asked me, "Hot? Baby hot?" Apparently no touch and hot go hand in hand with him.  But, like I said, he did awesome and by day two knew the full meaning of the word gentle.

No comments: