Dear Caleb,
On June 14, 2008, you, sweet boy, came into this world. I'll never forget the feeling of holding you for the first time. You were so calm and alert.
Daddy was so excited because he knew that you'd be fishing buddies. He couldn't wait for the day that you would want to spend the day out on the lake with him.
Oh, the bibs. Caleb, you spent the first 10 months of your life wearing a bib. It didn't seem to bother you, though.
You grew so quickly, and before we knew it, you had your first big boy hair cut.
You have always loved to be outside, especially in the water.
You've also always loved sweets!
I remember taking each and every one of these pictures of you. I remember where we were and what we were doing. I also remember it was about this time that I thought about you turning five. I remember thinking that "5" was just so old and grown up. I didn't even want to consider Kindergarten.
You turned two and thankfully, we didn't see the "terrible twos."
You became a big brother that year and were so helpful and sweet to him. I couldn't have been more proud of you.
You turned three and we had so much fun. You were, and still are, so much fun to be around.
You also started to like pirates that year.
And, finally became that fishing buddy that Daddy was looking for!
You turned four before the blink of the eye it seemed. I'm not going to lie, four has been much more challenging that I could have ever envisioned. You have a lot of say, and with that comes a needs for explanations (Because I said so has never worked with you.) But four has also been awesome and you've kept us laughing.
At four you played your first sport
and had your first broken bone.
Today, sweet boy, we sang happy birthday to you, our now FIVE year old, over pancakes- your breakfast choice. Words cannot express how proud of you we are and just how much we love you.
Caleb, I am so incredibly thankful that God chose me to be your mom. I love you...to the moon and back. Love always, Mommy










2 comments:
I remember when Caleb was born. It is hard to believe he is 5??!! Your post made my eyes a tad teary... probably a combination of me thinking about our little boy on the way and the pregnancy hormones that are flying! Tell Caleb Jim and I said Happy Happy Birthday!!
Goodness...I remember most of these pictures too! So hard to believe that it has been five whole years. Happy Birthday, sweet boy.
Post a Comment