Last week the boys and I, along with Papa, headed to North Carolina to visit Grandma Beth and PeePaw. The boys were SO incredibly good in the car- Caleb played games and didn't complain/whine one single time and Luke looked at books, watched movies, and ate lots and lots of snacks. Originally I had planned on taking the boys by myself, but thankfully, Papa offered to go with us to help. I would have had to pull over probably 50 times to switch out movies, pass out snacks, etc had he not been there- thanks a million, Pops!
Lunch at McDonalds just past Charleston, WV
(Our halfway point!)
Luke fell asleep after about 6 hours, and if you know him, sleeping in a car is something he just doesn't do often.
Near the Virginia and North Carolina border, this is what we hit:
It actually took us an entire hour to go 11 miles. (This also happened to be the hour that Luke slept!) Two days prior, on Easter Sunday, there was a horrible accident coming down the mountain. I think the final count came to 96 cars involved, and three people lost their life. It was awful.. The traffic we hit was due to workers removing the damaged guard rail.
So, while our 7 1/2 hour trip ended up taking 8 1/2 hours, we managed to get to PeePaw's late Tuesday afternoon safely and with two very happy boys. Lots more pictures to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment