Saturday, December 1, 2012

Deck the Halls

Earlier the week we put up our Christmas tree, Polar Express, and all of the other holiday decorations. We actually decorated the tree while Luke was napping so that he wouldn't see us touching the ornaments. So far, with a few "No touch" reminders, he's done great and hasn't taken a single ornament off the tree. He's also managed to keep his hands off the train, which is great since it "derails" so easily.

Caleb got to put the first ornament (Mickey Choo Choo Express train) on the tree this year.

After Luke woke up he kept pointing, saying "tree!"



Decorating the tree is one of my favorite tasks because I love to look at all of our ornaments and remember when... 

"Caleb's door"
 When Caleb was 18 months old, he was obsessed with all kinds of doors. This is the ornament that he picked out for himself that year. 

Before kids, when Rhett was my baby.

Caleb's thumbprint tree

Luke's 1st Christmas. 
He always had a smile on his face!

Caleb's footprint
He was 4 months old and we made it with Grandma Beth at a cabin near Dale Hollow Lake one weekend. This weekend was day three of Caleb eating rice cereal and still loved being swaddled in his Miracle Blanket.

Creed's fishing ornament 
We have so many, and I still smile every time I see this one with the gold tooth. 

My Lenox Christmas tree
Grandma got it for me and I love it! It's so beautiful and always placed out of the reach of little hands. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney!
I found your blog several months ago linked on another blog I follow. You mentioned a birthday party at a location that sells outdoor play equipment in Louisville but I can't find anything online about it. My babe's birthday is next month so this would be perfect for him. Can you please share the name of it with me? I can't believe we're both grown up with kiddos of our own now. Glad to see that you are well.

-Beth Morgan (Moran)