Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Talkative

To simply say that Caleb is talkative is a vast understatement. Caleb does not stop talking- we call it his "stream of consciousness" because during some conversations he goes from one thing to the next, without so much as a pause. He also asks more questions each day than I could ever imagine. We actually had a man come over to give us an estimate on finishing our basement and he joked that it would be $100 extra if he had to answer all of Caleb's questions! (That's actually a pretty good deal!)
But more than being just talkative, he is very in tune with appropriate adult conversations. He'll say things like
"I'm glad you came to my house."
"Call me if you need anything."
"It was really good seeing you."
and so on. I always smile when I hear him say these things because it reminds me that he is growing up into a little boy!
*****
Caleb: Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy?
Me: No!
Caleb: Oh, maybe it's just food then.
*****
Caleb: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me: Putting on makeup.
Caleb: Why?
Me: To try and look pretty.
Caleb: You look like a princess to me!
*****
His bedtime prayer last night...
Dear God,
Thank you for today.
I hope I can sleep good.
Thank you Jackson came over.
(a few mumbles)
I hope Heaven is fun.
Amen.
Mommy, was that a good prayer? Yes.
Mommy, where is Heaven? (before I can answer...) It's in the sky. It's in the solar system. Do they have houses there?

No comments: