Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Everything Green

Last Friday Caleb came home from school with the idea that he wanted to eat green food on St. Patrick's Day. I think he said he wanted to eat cilantro and green salad. He was also adamant that we needed to go to Kroger and get stuff to make a green cake. While I've never "celebrated" St. Patrick's Day before, I thought it would be fun to let him celebrate in his way.
Here's how our green day went...When he got up he immediately made "decorations"- he used green paint and made signs. For breakfast he had green syrup on his waffles.

Then it was time to make his green cake! He also learned a lot about patience that day when he learned that the cake had to cool completely before icing it.
His green lunch- grapes, apples, celery, cilantro, applesauce, and pickles. He had two comments about his lunch..."This is the best green lunch ever!" and "Mmmm, good cilantro, Mommy!"
Adding the final touch to his cake- green sprinkles, and LOTS of them!
Worth the wait- love that grin!

No comments: