Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby Days

Oh, how I am enjoying these days home with my boys! I feel so lucky that I'll be home with them until August, and then I'll only be working two days a week, which I think will be just perfect. Luke is definitely my buddy, and I love that I know every single little thing about him. I know what each cry means and the best way to meet each of his needs. I know how he likes to be held and rocked, where he will sleep best for each nap, and how to keep him from crying (most of the time) during diaper changes. I feel like I am enjoying these baby days so much more than I did with Caleb- probably because I now know how quickly they pass by. And this time, I am not rushing anything! With Caleb I was always excited for the next stage, and looking back I don't think I appreciated things as much as I should have during the moment...Does that make sense?

So, I am loving our routines that we follow on most days at home. After Luke eat, he likes to lay on his back and look around. (Being still also helps to minimize the amount he spits up too, and that is always a plus!)


He also likes his play mats and really seems to notice all the bring colors. So far tummy time hasn't gone too well because it immediately causes him to spit up... which turns into the hiccups...which makes him really upset.

1 comment:

The Dursts said...

He is precious and growing WAY too fast!!