Wednesday, March 25, 2009

9 Month Checkup

Yesterday Caleb went for his 9 month well baby check up.
He only got one shot this time and was a real trooper! The
doctor said that he looks great and not to worry about him
not wanting to crawl or pull up, he is probably just lazy and
likes having everyone do things for him. :) He was 20
pounds, 4 ounces and 29 inches long.

I decided for his 9 month birthday to share 9 things about
him these days...

1.While Caleb won't pull up, he insists (very loudly) on
standing most of the day. And, he loves for you to stand
right by him! :)
2.Caleb's new favorite food: Gerber cheese puffs...think
Cheetos without the orange fingers.
3.If his Grandma Tillie is holding him, he won't go to anyone
else. In the same way, regardless of who is holding him, when
he sees his Grandma Tillie, he lunges for her.
4.Caleb loves to sleep in his bed. He set a personal best
last Friday night of 13 and 1/2 hours straight! (Don't
expect him to sleep well anywhere else other than his bed,
though.)
5.Caleb has learned the meaning of "No." When he hears
it he stops what he is doing, looks at you very innocently,
and begins to cry. (And my heart melts.)
6.Caleb loves waving bye bye, and does so anytime he
hears the word "bye."
7.When I turn on his video, The Laurie Berkner Band, he
watches in amazement, as if it is the first time he is seeing
it.
8.Caleb pretends to drink water from a cup. He has fooled
me on numerous occasions. And where does that water
go...he lets it run down his chin and on to his shirt. (Which I
can't see because he holds the cup in the way. What a
stinker!)
9.Caleb says two things repeatedly, "Dada," and "Aret."
We think "Aret" is Caleb's version of Rhett.

I could think of a thousand more things to tell you about Caleb
but I'll stop for now. Here are some pictures I took of him this
evening. Check out that belly!

Heart breaker!


Dr. Evil impersonation

1 comment:

The Dursts said...

We love you, Caleb! You are too cute!