You hear people say that time flies...I never knew how true
that was until I had a child.
I remember thinking when he was only a few weeks old
that I couldn't wait until he slept through the night. When that
milestone occurred, I thought about how fun it would be when
he started laughing and playing. I then looked forward to
the day that he would be able to sit up. Am I counting down
the days until he can crawl and walk...not just yet. I realized
that I've got to cherish all of the stages, even when the next
seems "so much more fun."
I truly adore the stage that Caleb is in right now. His big
personality is so evident. I love his morning smiles, the way
he buries his face in my shoulder when he is sleepy, and how
his two favorite things are jumping and eating. (Maybe he'll
just skip that walking stage and go straight to hopping.) He
only likes 2 books (Mirror Me & Baby's Belly Button) and
wouldn't mind hearing them over and over. Caleb prefers
sweet potatoes, applesauce, and of course, Mum Mums.
He loves Wheel of Fortune and adores his Uncle Luke. If I
could stop time and freeze these moments with Caleb, I would!
My Little Drummer Boy
No comments:
Post a Comment