With the craziness of fall, traveling, and Thanksgiving, I got a little (or a lot!) behind on the blog. So, to catch up...
The day before Halloween we made our annual trip to Hubers.
Our 9th year of taking this picture with the Dursts! :)
It was a hot, sunny, and beautiful fall day, and we managed to find the perfect pumpkin, despite the fields being picked over.
When we heard the tractor fire up, we hustled (ran!) to the road to meet the tractor. Did the driver stop for us?? Nope. The four of us lined the road as he passed on by, and we watched the shocked faces of those on the wagon. We simply couldn't believe he left us standing there. Luke sprinted after the wagon yelling, "Run for your lives," but even that didn't slow down the driver.
Thankfully, it was a hot, sunny, beautiful fall day as we walked back to the barn to pay. :)
So, I think that will end our annual trip to Huber's with the Dursts. We all decided that next year we are going to a pumpkin patch with a little bit more customer service. After all, remember last year's debacle?!!
*****
We love warm fall weather! Nothing is better than shorts in November!
Luke and I passed the time during one of Caleb's piano lessons with walks around the neighborhood.
The boys even raked leaves in shorts!
*****
November was also a party month for Luke!
Celebrating with Tae
Celebrating with Oakley
*****
Thanksgiving Festivities
Luke decided to dress as a pilgrim for his Thanksgiving program in his class.
Over break Caleb made a volcano out of plaster strips
and then painted it.
(We have yet to actually have it erupt...but I promised to let him do it soon!)
Somehow this is the only picture I took on Thanksgiving...
We drove up Thursday morning to Charleston, WV to celebrate with Creed's family and then drove home Friday morning. It was a quick, but fun trip!
*****
We celebrated Grandaddy's retirement and the CATS pulled out a big win over UofL to make the day even sweeter!
We wrapped up November with a dentist trip.
Both boys LOVE going to the dentist (I quote, "Best day ever!") and actually cheered when I took them.


















No comments:
Post a Comment