Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend started off with some cleaning. Caleb was my big helper and worked hard for his $1. (I love that his shorts are on backwards-ha!)

After nap, we went up to the pool since it was the opening day. The water was FREEZING...colder than I think it's ever been. Caleb was in and out in just a few seconds and Luke swam for a minute or two. Looking forward to warm, summer days ahead.

Sunday afternoon we headed out to the lake. It was the third Sunday in a row that we have changed to our swimsuits in the car, and we are loving it! Funny thing...I forgot to pack my flip flops that day. So I was the person wearing a swim suit cover up with gold wedge heels to the lake. I commented that I looked ridiculous and sweet Caleb said, "You don't look ridiculous. You just look ridiculous for the lake."

 Matt and Hayden met us out there for a few hours of fun. The boys swam, tubed, and were basically silly for hours. And, there were lots of sweet treats eaten!




After the Dursts left, we picked up a pizza from the marina and headed back out for dinner on the lake. We almost had the place to ourselves that evening- it was so great. Caleb commented that the pizza was "the best pizza ever" and Creed explained that eating on the boat makes everything taste better!



This may be my favorite picture ever...

Creed and I sat back and listened to music while the boats played on our "floating living room," as we call it.

I am blessed beyond measure!

No comments: