Friday, July 31, 2009

Field Trip

Yesterday we went on a "field trip" to the Salato Wildlife Education
Center in Frankfort. It was great, and something I would recommend!
It has an indoor area with aquariums and an outdoor walking path
with Kentucky animals along the way. It was very low key and
beautiful. On top of all that, it was free!! We had a wonderful time,
and as Creed put it, "This should be an annual trip." I agree!


Checking out the turtles


I caught a fish "this big."


I only considered it for a split second. Just kidding! :)


We really liked how natural the surroundings were and how
close you could get to the animals.


The Elk and Buffalo observation deck. See Nikki...proof
that buffalo are not extinct!


The Dragonfly marsh

Fun Fact: This is the actual and official mascot of the University
of Kentucky! Looks mean and tough, huh?!

One of our favorite parts...Under the waterfall was an
aquarium full of Kentucky fish. Creed taught Caleb all of
the proper names. I just say, "fish."


If this picture had sound, you would hear Caleb's fit. He
realllly wanted to get into the water.
After finishing the trail, we had a picnic lunch and Caleb
got to watch the geese.
It was a perfect day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I've never even heard of this place...what a great idea!! I will have to remember this for next summer.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I bet the kiddo..err...ahem....I mean...umm...Jim would like that too!
:o) Jess