Caleb at 23 Months...
**His vocabulary is increasing everyday. New words this week
include mess, grass, awful, easy, and moose. (Awful was in
regards to the smell of his diaper!)
**He is putting together 2 and 3 word sentences. Some of his
regulars include: "Momo's garage up," "Momo's garage down,"
"Nighty night Mama," "Move, please," and "Mama bird Nighty
night."
**He still calls Creed "Abba," but will refer to him as Daddy if
others do. And since Creed drinks orange juice, all orange juice
in Caleb's mind is called "Abba juice."
**While he is super sweet and 99% of the time a very good boy,
he is very hard headed and ornery. For example, he says "ahguh,"
for the word cookie. I'll say, "Caleb, say cook." He responds,
"cook." I say, "say e." He responds, "e." So I say, "say cookie."
He says with a giant grin on his face, "ahguh."
**Push toys are his favorite toys. His ball popper doubles as a
vacuum cleaner and his golf caddy is his lawn mower. Pretend
play already!
**He is not an eater. Every now and then he will surprise us and eat
a ton, but most of the time he only eats a few bites. His favorite
foods right now include hot dogs, Pop tarts, yogurt covered raisins,
and carrot sticks dipped in ranch. (And, of course cookies!)
**He catches a lot of beauty sleep these days. Since I made his
room totally dark with black garbage bags over his windows, he
sleeps from around 8:30 or 9 pm until 8:30 or 9 am. Nap time is
usually from around 1:30 until 4. We are loving this change!
**He and Rhett fight all the time, and Rhett usually wins. He wants
to tease Rhett with one of Rhett's toys, but since Rhett is much
stronger, he always gets his toy back. Then Caleb comes crying to
me, and I have to say, "Who's toy is it?" Caleb responds, "Raa," and
I have to say, "Then he gets to play with it." You'd think he was
arguing with a sibling!
**Caleb loves his family so much. He asks daily if he can go to his
grandparent's houses, and squeals with excitement when he sees
them.
We love you, Caleb Creed Fowler. You are such a joy, and we love
every second with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment