the River for dinner BY BOAT. I was nervous because he
hasn't been on the boat for more than just a few minutes,
and the Ohio River is rough. I just didn't want him to be
scared. The trip started out great, even though the River
was super rough. Caleb sat calmly on my lap and seemed
to enjoy the bumpy & wet (It was so rough that when we'd
hit a wave water sprayed up and over the boat!) ride.
Harrod's Creek is a no wake zone, and Caleb was DONE
sitting on my lap, so I let him sit on the little step in front of
us.
He even enjoyed a cracker...
Dinner was awesome. My Mom, Kevin, & Paige met us
down there,and helped entertain Caleb.
You'll notice that my pictures stop after dinner. That is because
Caleb was a holy terror on the ride back to the ramp. As we
idled down Harrods Creek, he screamed because I wouldn't
let him crawl around the front of the boat. People at Captain's
Quarters and on others boats were laughing at us! As we made
our way out onto the main river, I obviously put him in my lap for
the bumpy ride. That really ticked him off...He screamed, flailed
his arms, arched his back, and kicked his legs the entire way
back to the ramp. He even spit his passie into the river he was
crying so hard. But, we made it. Hopefully 4th of July at the lake
will be better. (It couldn't get much worse!)
No comments:
Post a Comment